Your inner thighs can be magnets for fat, but the right exercises can go a long way in eliminating that extra padding. Keep in mind, however, that no exercise can target fat in a specific area. To lose inches on your inner thighs, you must burn fat on your entire body. This requires diet modification in addition to your workout. Avoid foods high in refined sugar and saturated fat, opting instead for low-calorie, nutrient-dense foods like green, leafy vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins such as egg whites, beans and cottage cheese.
Not everyone has access to gym equipment. However, you can do a huge variety of calisthenic exercises in the comfort of your own home. Some calisthenics that strengthen the thigh muscles include plie squats, side lunges, squat & kick, skater hops, inner leg lifts, leg circles, outer leg lifts, fire hydrants, and fire hydrant kicks. Try doing a combination of several or all of these exercises for at least 15 minutes a day to strengthen the thighs.
Stability Ball Leg Lifts:
This is one of the easy-to-do exercises for inner thigh that includes a stability ball. This stability ball exercise makes the inner thigh workouts a bit more challenging. It helps to tone the core and inner thighs.
How To Do:
- Lie on your side with your arms kept crossed in front of your body, and a stability ball placed your feet.
- Gently lift the ball up towards the ceiling using your hips and butt and then return to the starting position.
- This makes 1 repetition. Complete 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
Suspended Stability Lunge:
Take advantage of your body weight to help strengthen your leg muscles. This challenging exercise will not only target your core, increase flexibility in your hips and strengthen your thighs, but it will also teach you to use TRX equipment in a different way.
How To Do:
- Start standing with a weight bench or TRX straps behind you.
- Elevate one leg behind you so your leg is lifted to thigh height.
- Place the foot of the lifted leg in the TRX strap or on the bench.
- Now lower your body weight into a lunge position, maintaining your balance as lower and lift.
- Do 7-10 reps on the right leg, then repeat on the left. Add 5-10 pound dumbbells for a greater challenge.
This is a powerful squat variation and by far the best exercise for inner thighs. The body weight movement provides a unique training stimulus to the lower body that helps to shape the glutes and thighs from each and every angle.
How To Do:
- Stand with your feet placed wider than shoulder width apart and arms relaxed at the sides.
- Now, squat down as deep as possible to the left while turning the right toes up and flexing the right foot.
- Extend the arms straight out.
- Get back to the initial position and perform the squat on the opposite side to complete 1 rep.
- Aim for 12 repetitions in one stretch.